Monday, 2 March 2009

Eliza turns one!

Eliza turned one last week and I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by. She is absolutely wonderful! Still loves her thumb, lucky thats its attached to her body eh? She has really got into soft toys, loves to sleep with 3 or 4 in particular and is partial to toys that have tails....don't know what it is that my girls love about toys with tails but they do. Eliza started walking pretty well just this last week, before then she wasn't bothered one bit. Plus she has THE cutest smile and laugh going, I know everyone thinks that about their children but in my case its true. He he he! I think I really could eat her up.

Anyway, so I made her a disaster cake for her birthday. The cake broke as it came out of the tin, then the frosting wasn't being co-operative and so it was only somewhat rescued by the application of copious amounts of sweeties. As it happens only Esther, Eliza and I had a piece and then it was put in the bin....not that it tasted bad but the thought of it made me feel sick....





Open wide!


Waiting for cards, can't get the thumb out...





Esther making her prettiest face for the photo.


Cards at last!

Poor little girl got one present for her birthday but we decided to by a wooden playhouse for the garden for them both to play in, I'm probably more excited about that than they are! All in all, I think Eliza had a great birthday. Actually she got 2 presents - I asked Esther what she would like to buy Eliza for her birthday - the answer: a pink dog with yellow eyes called Hayley. Yep, random. SO we found her a brown dog with brown eyes but Esther was still happy with that and so was Eliza. Unfortunately we lost it less than a week later at the Temple.....
Happy birthday Eliza!


2 comments:

Ryann said...

I think that the cake is lovely! And how funny, one of Emi's first dogs she named Hailey!

Jenna Allen said...

So cute!
I am amazed that Eliza has such lovely ginger hair, along with Esther... how did this happen?