Sunday, 19 April 2009

Easter Fun

We had an absolutely fantastic Easter!! We made the most of it by heading up North to my parents on the Thursday night then staying till the Tuesday. It was nice because the kids were great and the whole thing was pretty relaxed. One of the best things was that Ben and I were able to go out and do a few things by ourself - trust me, this never happens, we have been out
twice since Esther was born....sad but true. This weekend we didn't go out on dates so to speak but went for some walks, did a bit of retail therapy etc undisturbed. It was great! Our kids love their grandparents so all was fine. Here is one example why - random bubble fun in the kitchen! One day Ben and I got back from a trip out with Eliza to find that Esther had gone out with Grandpa. They were gone for ages - he took her to the barrage to see the people doing watersports and climbed all over the rocks, then took a trip to the beach. Esther loves the beach but never would go in the sea .... that is until she goes to Redcar beach, the beach just down from the powerstation .... nice. Dad said she went in even though he wouldn't and it was freezing!

Grandpa David and Esther (Auntie Bexie taking the shots) - I love this one







Dad, teaching Esther exactly how hooligans should behave at the beach, brick throwing (see the Powerstation in the background??) He had Bexies hoodies wrapped round him because it was sooo cold!




Dad in all his glory! Nancy, if you are reading this, I bet it's hard to imagine a beach that is cold!!

So I had a really big dilema on Easter Sunday, which matching dresses should the girls wear??? he he he! Here is Eliza with her first bow experience! She liked it - if it came out she would bring it back over to me to put it in!

Another adorable picture by Bex:

Esther posing with her Easter present.


We didn't get a great one with Esther and Eliza and their Easter things but here is the best one.

Also in the weekend was the biggest carboot sale I've ever been to, a trip to Durham (made me think of you Caroline!), Northallerton, Bedale, Easter egg hunt, Easter musical devotional concert thing which I sang in, a trip to the Temple, and a visit to our good friends house on the way home! Ben was super pleased because he got 2 fab bike rides on my dad's fantastic road bike. All in all a great trip had by all. Happy Easter!!









2 comments:

Nancy said...

It is hard to imagine now, but man do I remember those good old British beach days. I remember praying so hard as a kid that it would be warm whenever we planned a trip there but alas, every time we headed out there and it never was!! Anyways, I love the pics. Your dad is hoot. Tell him hi for me! Your girls look adorable too! xxx

Larsen Family said...

Fab photos! Your sis is an excellent photographer! Glad you all had a lovely easter xx