She has also been asking for a couple of weeks now if she can learn the piano. I'm not sure how me teaching her will go and I think she may be a little young but we'll give it a go.Thursday, 4 November 2010
Growing up
Esther came home from school yesterday with her first reading book with words in it. At her school they use the Oxford Reading Tree which starts with some books about a family - Mum, Dad, Chip, Biff, Kipper and Floppy the dog. The only words in the book were the character names and the word 'and' but she can read the whole thing and is very proud and excited to be starting to learn to read. She is also getting into the zac the rat books on starfall.com. It's good to see her enthusiastic about learning.
She has also been asking for a couple of weeks now if she can learn the piano. I'm not sure how me teaching her will go and I think she may be a little young but we'll give it a go.
She has also been asking for a couple of weeks now if she can learn the piano. I'm not sure how me teaching her will go and I think she may be a little young but we'll give it a go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hurray! We love the Biff, Chip and Kipper series. Dad and Mom bought some for us...so my kids get exposure to the concept of "MUM"! I love the comprehension questions at the end.
Just my 2 cents on piano...We've been able to hold Hayley off of piano lessons until this school year by doing little lessons with Dad and Mom here and there over the last couple years. It was tempting to start her earlier, but I'm so glad we waited. She's 7 1/2 now and is excelling in piano so quickly now. I imagine that if we had started her a year or two ago she'd be in the same place as she is after 2 months of lessons and we would have spent a lot of money and time unnecessarily! The best part is that she's old enough to be self-disciplined because she's had to do homework and chores for a while now. I have yet to have to nag her about practice...a nice perk I didn't expect! But I'm sure every kid is different and only you know when your kid is ready! Good luck with all those growing up decisions!
I have to agree.....I LOVE Biff and Chip. Abigail cannot read, but she loves me reading them to her! It has been one of the best set of books our parents have given us!!!
Post a Comment