Monday, 1 February 2010

Other things we've been up to

Here is Esther in her black bin bag 'skirt' that we made at our funky fashion activity at church. She liked the idea but didn't want to go the whole hog and have a dress. When we got home Eliza dressed up and the made a really huge tower with daddy's help. It was soon knocked down! More pics of Eliza looking adorable - butter wouldn't melt!


You can see our 'vintage' kitchen in the background there - when we bought the house 5 years ago I was sure we would be getting a new kitchen asap. 5 years down the line we finally are! In the meanwhile cupboard draws and doors have literally fallen off but it has done well - it must be at least 35 years old! We are getting everything done - walls and ceiling skimmed, tiles on the floor, new skirting and coving, new units, appliances, lights etc and they are going to paint it for us too. Hopefully it will be done before the baby is born because I'm going to my parents for 2 weeks while the mayhem occurs!

I feel like I've been quite busy through January - I can't believe we are already into February! Plus, I am getting pretty organised - maybe it's a sign of maturity, or necessity when having baby number 3 - I already have Eliza's birthday present bought with 3 weeks left to go! I've even thought about Valentines Day and a gift for Ben!! Can't think what to get yet but hopefully will soon!
Ooooohhhh on another note, I finished all the squares for my quilt I've been making since last February - I just need some more white now to put them together and then put the whole thing together! I'm excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't really do the Valentine's day thing. It's not that big in Germany and we got together on 5th Feb so we celebrate that instead.

The tower is amazing!

Bev x