Sunday, 22 May 2011
Quilt #2
I had this really gorgeous fabric in my stash for a while and finally decided with to do with it. I'm making a quilt for Alice. The fabric is Hunky Dory by Moda and I saw the design here . It was so quick and easy to make compared to the last but that could be more because I had a table I can leave my sewing machine on now so I don't need the hassle of getting it out then putting it away all in one night! It is a really simple design plus it uses charm packs so even easier - less cutting, I like it! It's been ready to quilt for a few weeks now,wadding in, backing on, but I'm waiting on a different foot for my sewing machine which won't be here for a few weeks yet. So tempted to hand quilt but I don't want to start that mamoth task! We'll see if I can resist... maybe I should tackle the ironing... I haven't actually spent anytime ironing since we moved house except the odd shirt for Ben (he usually does his own, doesn't have to wear them for work though). I think those clothes in the ironing pile are ones I could lived without, I have so far - maybe I should give them away et voila - no need to iron!
My favourite bit, the cute little flower!
Bex came over one Saturday and aswell as taking somefamily pictures (more to come on that...) I made her finish her silk blind she started about 5 years ago for her room! She is buying a new bedroom set to celebrate and painting in there too - it's going to look fabulous! By the way, see those hideous light fittings above Bex's head? They HAVE to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautiful blog and a beautiful quilt. Way to go Anna! xx
Beautiful quilt!
I don't do ironing. If Jan wants stuff ironed he has to do it himself. He also irons my things on the rare occasions that I want something ironed. I do most of the rest of the housework though so I think it's fair :-)
Bev x
Post a Comment