Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Holiday and hot weather

Last Friday we set off on a long weekend break to Center Parcs. I finally was able to tear Ben away from his busy workload and boy did he need it! He has a lot on his plate and likes to do the best job he can so has been doing alot of overtime. Ben's parents came too so that we could go on some kind of date but that didn't work out... Eliza was under the weather - I think her back molars are coming plus she develped a rash on her legs and bottom. They have a nurse at center parcs so I went and had her checked out before we headed for the swimming pool to check she didn't think it was contagious (which she didn't) so in we went! For those who haven't been there before, there is a fab swimming pool, slides, shoots, jacuzzi;s etc childrens and baby pools included, indoors of course since this is england and really lovely and warm. They have cots arounds the edges of the pool too so you can put your kids down for a snooze if they are tired! Ben's mum stayed out the pool with Alice so I could play with the girls. It did alot for their water confidence since Esther has only been to a pool twice and Eliza only once. I'm thinking swimming lessons might be in order...
We had a low key Father's day and ended up at church 30 mins early since the church website has it wrong!! Nevermind. In the afternoon we went for a walk around Bury St Edmonds which has some ruins of an old abbey, I think we'll go again (there was also a nice new shopping centre.. hint hint Ben...)
Well weekends end too soon and on Monday it was time to pack up and leave the villa. We managed to sneak in a nice cooked breakfast for Ben as it was his 30th birthday and some time for the pool and crazy golf (would it be a proper holiday without crazy golf??), the girls played on the little beach with Grandma too before we left for home. It was nice but toooooo short to feel relaxed. Now we are home and the 5th load of washing is just finishing in the washing machine. How can we have generated so much washing??? And why is the house such a mess?? Oh well. Ben thinks he might be able to take some time off in September or October. I'm going to get a promise note for that especially since he will be in Salt Lake most of July.
So today I've been doing all that laundry and hanging it out in our beautiful drying weather, unfortunately that means 5 loads needs to be put away somewhere!! Since it was so hot outside today I put up Bex's gazebo in our garden - yes all by myself, I'm proud of that! Actually I missed half the upright poles out so it was more of a tent for the girls. They happily played in it for a few hours. I've left it up for the nice weather to come! I'm thinking we might have breakfast out there in the morning if its still so nice!
I'm sure everyone will be pleased to know that my sanity is restored - Eliza has not had an accident in 6 days!! Roll on the summer!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun trip! I wish we could go do that. Any place that provides cribs and takes into account kids nap times must be good!! Good Luck with the Laundry....and I love you family pictures at the top!!

Stephanie said...

What a great time! Wish we'd have heard of that place while we were there. Sounds so fun! Happy belated bday to Ben! :)

Larsen Family said...

Sounds lovely at center parcs : ) I'm very impressed you put the gazebo up on your own, go Anna!!!! x