Saturday, 20 March 2010

Transformation

The kitchen is just about there - everything is hooked up - there are a few smaller jobs to do but we can put all our stuff back in - yay, no more kitchen table and chairs in our bedroom! It looks great - I can't wait for the finishing touches to be done! Tomorrow I am actually going to cook food in the kitchen! Just in time really, Ben is away for a few days next week and I think I might have gone mad had the kitchen not been back in use.

We went to Ikea today and bought a light fitting and some other bits and bobs - you go to Ikea with the intention of buying 1 thing and come back having bought a lot more - got to love it though! We hadn't been in years but I love the fact it was so kid friendly and I loved even more the hot dog and icecream you HAVE to buy at the end! Some poor child had left behind their well loved toy dog on the seating. We had a case of the lost Ellie (Eliza's soft toy) this week, eventually he was found in a ride on toy at our mother and toddler's group after searching Ramsey and our house for it. So I was feeling very responsible towards this poor dog's owner and parents and made sure I handed it in at customer services and that they were aware of how special this toy dog was. Hope it has been reunited with it's owner! So sad!

On a happy note.... did I mention I can now use my dishwaher? Woo hoo! Roll on normality and sanity!

2 comments:

Ryann said...

So where are the pictures??

Anonymous said...

Have you read the book "Dogger". I did when I was little - the toy dog story just reminded me of that.

Totally jealous that you have a dishwasher! I'm hoping for one in whatever flat we end up with.

Bev x