Saturday, 13 March 2010

2 weeks

Well, it's been 2 weeks and the kitchen is not finished. It will be in working order by the time I get home tomorrow night but still things to finish. The heating got fixed yesterday - after they drained the system to take the radiator off the wall 2 weeks ago Ben has been without heating or hot water poor guy! Luckily he borrowed some heaters from work and uses the shower at the farm too so it's not been too bad for him I think. It's been frustrating that progress has been slower than expected but at least it will be all done in the end. I think when I get home I'll have to clean all the cabinets thoroughly - they've been stored in a unit at the farm since November plus we bought them 2nd hand and the people didn't clean them before we got them! Cheeky!
I'm looking forward to getting back and sorting everything out! I've been able to do quite a few things I didn't get chance to at home whilst I've been here - finished 3 books and made the stroller liners I'd been planning on for ages (pictures will be posted soon...) still a few more things I want to get done before the baby arrives but it seems the kitchen is not going to be finished for a few days at least so they will be on hold till I can get things in order. I'm not sure how much chaos I can deal with!

3 comments:

The Cryer Family said...

Hi Anna,
Welcome back! I will come and help clean cupboards this week if you like - let me know when you are ready!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

I hope most of the chaos has been dealt with by the time you get back!

Bev x

Stephanie said...

I hear that things like renovations almost always take longer than expected. Just think of the stellar deal you got and the glorious new kitchen you will be cooking in! :)