So my brother Joel came for a week 2 weeks ago and my friend Jenny came from Arizona. It was so great to see her! I did give her her trainers back....thank goodness, need the room on the shoe rack... We went strawberry picking, made strawberry jam (http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/get_cooking/recipes/071.shtml), stayed up late just like our student days (unfortunately I still had to get up early with the kids so was pretty tired by the time they left), ate too much icecream, tried to hook Joel up with girls in Florida for when he moves in a few weeks and other random yet fun activities!
When Jenny left, my parents-in-law arrived. We went shopping for the day then out to dinner which was pretty good fun. We went to TGI Friday's which I haven't been to in years so it was heavenly! The next day was Father's Day and Ben's birthday. I bought Ben a fitness magazine! He had already bought some things that were going to be his presents but I felt bad that he wasn't getting anything from us on his birthday hence the token present of a magazine since we never buy them! Ben's parents left on the Sunday evening and Joel left on the Monday (he missed his train though....long story....moral of which is to just buy your lunch out instead of rushing to make some last minute....).
Last Thursday we travelled up to my parents in Middlesbrough because Ben's brother Daniel was getting married on the Saturday in Newcastle. Esther was a bridesmaid. The bridesmaid had to have their hair in a bun which Esther was completely opposed to. In the end I told her I was going to ring Uncle Daniel and tell him she wasn't going to be a bridesmaid because she didn't want her hair in a bun. That threat seemed to do the trick! She walked down the aisle with a little girl called Leah who was 7 and who Esther absolutely idolised! They kept saying 'we're family now' after the wedding and Esther was asking if Leah could come and play at our house! Shame we live 4 hours away... Ben was one of the best men with his other 3 brothers and did a great job of the best men's speech. I especially liked it because Ben got all emotional which he doesn't do very often yet I do all the time! My sister-in-law Kerri has taken some pictures so when I get them from her I'll post them!
After the wedding we dropped the kids off at my parent's house then drove the 2 hour trip to the Preston temple when Daniel and Natalie were sealed. It is the first time we have left the kids to be put to bed by anyone else and they were fine! It was strange to not just be with Ben and no kids but also to think I was 2 hours drive away from them! I can't believe that is the furthest and longest I've been away from them....maybe I need to get out a bit more????
It was a great weekend and for now we are back home until next week when Ben is off to the states for work and I'm off to my parents again with the kids for Joel's going away party before he moves to Florida. Then we'll have 3 weeks at home before we are away again!
1 comment:
Holy cow, you guys have been busy! I love hearing all the updates. I am sure you are enjoying that "extra room" outside for the kids. Have you tried putting sprinklers on underneath the trampoline? It is pretty fun. xxx
Post a Comment