Thursday, 2 July 2009
Some other things we've been up to
At the end of May we went to my school friend Kathryn's wedding. She married Chris who seems to be a really lovely guy but then Kathryn wouldn't have married him if he were not! It was great to see them, especially since I hadn't seen Kathryn since my wedding!! They were married in an Oak wedding Barn in the country - the location was gorgeous as was the weather. I got to meet up with my friend Caroline who lives in Denmark with Christian her Danish hubby and their 2 kiddiewinks Alfie and Molly and Caroline's dad came to the wedding too. Another friend Claire was there with her fiance so it was good to cath up! The girls were desperate to dance on the dance floor and spent a lot of time running around on it. Unfortunately we had to leave before the dancing began - Esther was devastated! Esther took some of these picture herself!
We've been planting some vegtables. We have mega huge raspberries that were planted before we moved in and always produce massive berries which is good because they are my favourite and the girls love any type of berries. We were given a courgette seedling from my sister, a runner bean from Helen and a tomato plant curtesy of Tesco. We've got some strawberries too but they only give us tiny berries so I'm not sure we've eaten any from it yet....the birds get there first... I took these pictures about a month ago now so they are all huge in comparison - our courgette plant has 3 courgettes growing, the runner bean have tons and the tomato plant has some flowers so here's hoping some tomatoes grow!
At the beginning of June all my family were visiting for Adam's graduation - oh yes my brother is Dr Adam Beevers, PHD in some kind of Engineering! SO we took the opportunity to have a family holiday before Joel moves to Florida in 2 weeks time (aaaarrrghhhhh can't believe it is so soon!). One of the days we went to Belton House up by Grantham. It has a fab children's adventure playground, I shouldn't really say 'children's' since as you can see by the pictures the grown up's rather liked it too.... Everyone should go there - it's great! Esther even went down the big enclosed slide (I'm not sure if it's as exciting as the one at Harewood House which is painted like a snake - do you remember that Thiriot's??), well not just Esther...I think everyone except mum went down it! Bex took our family new header picture in the gardens there for us. Oh and who can resist a miniture train - unfortunately the seats were really designed for 2 adults to sit in so Bex and I were a bit squished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ooh, I love raspberries!
"PHD in some kind of Engineering" - that made me laugh :-D
Love the photos.
Bev
It sounds like you guys have been very busy and having a fun summer so far! Fun family pics! :) Do you plant all your stuff in pots? Neither of my thumbs are green and since we'll be living in a desert soon, I'm trying to think of how I might give growing things a go. Any tips would be great!
Post a Comment