Saturday, 26 October 2013

Getting ready for trunk or treat

It was our annual 'Trunk or Treat' at church today (people decorate their car boots aka trunk in halloween style and dish out sweets to the kids) and as we hadn't planned any decorations for our car we thought we'd decorate our pumpkins. Ben wasn't around so there was no way I wanted to start carving 2 huge pumpkins with 4 kids by myself so we went for the no carve approach which worked out fine.

Here is Alice with our Mummy pumpkin

 Esther the zombie


Eliza in her witches costume with our spider pumpkin - that's the mummy spider on the top with her babies

Oh dear, the daddy spider landed on Esther's head!

Cecily not quite so sure of that spider....

I didn't take any picture of the kids in their costumes yet as I had to be there early as I was organising it. All the assignments for activities etc were delegated out so I really didn't do much for it until the actual event and then it got a bit stressful getting everything to happen. We had the 4th annual chilli cook-off competition, costume parades, activities for the kids then the trunk or treat. It seemed to go quite well. Thankfully lots of people stayed behind to help clear up so we were done in an hour. Now it's just the primary presentation to get through tomorrow (I'm the primary pianist...)...

No comments: