Sometime early in June we went for a day trip to Castle Rising and Hunstanton beach. It had been lovely weather all week long but of course as we drove further north the weather turned and it was decidedly chilly! Good job I packed clothes for all eventualities (even for a day trip!). So this is Castle Rising, I'm trying to remember why it was special and I think it's meant to be one of the best examples of a castle it's age and type...

The girls loved walking round the walls but weren't quite so sure going into the darker corners...

After the castle we to Hunstanton beach. It was pretty cold and windy by then and the first thing Alice did was to fall head first into a rock pool and then sit down in the wet sand making one wet sandy baby who didn't like being wet and sandy.


Needless to say we didn't stay long at the beach. Long enough for Esther to paddle in the sea though. She made a picture of Ben and I in the sand too.

It was a fun day despite the weather!
2 comments:
Just round the corner from where I grew up! :)
That was a great day trip-we enjoyed it as well! Yeah, I have to admit that i'm kind of glad that I slinked away. I do not like goodbyes. This way it just feels like we are on holiday and will be returning in a few weeks. You are an incredible person and I'm grateful to have known you!
Post a Comment