Wednesday, 2 February 2011
Family Home Evening
For a while now we've been a bit hit and miss with our family home evening planning. (For those of you who are thinking 'what the heck is that?' it's one night a week dedicated to family time, usually including a little spiritual lesson, an activity and a treat.)So last night I forced Ben into sitting down with the intention of not letting him get up until we had 3 months family home evenings planned. So we sit down and he suggests going through the articles of faith (http://lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng ). What a great idea! I think he just wanted to be released from the planning session but I think it's going to work really well and means we don't need to think up a new theme each week from scratch. We are going to incorporate learning the article of faith songs and just go through each one taking as many weeks as needed to cover the various principles covered. It's making me really excited and relieved too! Can't wait to start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We did that a couple of years back and it was a great success. :) The A of F songs are amazing - even though they don't rhyme. LOL Even little three year old Brendan was memorizing the 13th doozey by the end. Good luck!
What a great idea, I'll be pinching that :D
Post a Comment